Call of May 4
«For a local and sustainable humanist revival»
On the day of the reopening of parliament, let us unite to make our elected representatives hear the desire to see a different, more humane and sustainable future emerge.
- Your contact details will only be provided to the federal authorities with the text of the petition. No third party transmission will be made during or after the camp.
Since the beginning of semi-confinement, our lives and habits have changed drastically. We all have had ex-periences out of the ordinary questioning our way of life and our values, sometimes with pain, but also with the joy of a strengthened social bond and renewed contact with nature.
This COVID-19 experience has been a wake-up call telling us that things must change. Many of us want to build a different future, one that is more respectful of human beings and nature.
Crises are, par excellence, pivotal moments, when the field of possibilities widens.
Parliament meets in extraordinary session from 4 to 8 May to accompany the Federal Council in the aftermath of COVID-19. Economic circles expressed themselves widely on this subject putting pressure on a rapid restart of the system in «business as usual» mode, support for large companies, all too often neglecting families and the self-employed.
Let’s not give them a monopoly on speech. Today more than ever, in our direct democracy, our representatives must listen to the voice of those who are not heard.
We have all experienced the essential and the superfluous, and we have all seen that our survival depends on many professions related to health and food, professions that are often undervalued.
We have all realized that the abundance of food is not immutable, food that comes from a nature mistreated by the policy of globalized economy supported by our governments.
Everyone has experienced the importance of the place of women in our society and in our homes, who too often combine paid work with domestic work.
For these reasons, we call on parliamentarians to put in place an economic recovery program
• More social
- Valuing professions that have proven to be essential in these times of crisis
- Recognize the fundamental role of domestic work largely performed by women
- Supporting those forgotten by «COVID» support programs («small» independent)
• More local
- Favour short circuits
- Reduce international dependencies (food, medical products, etc.)
• More ecological
- Conditioning support for sustainable economic activities
To make your voice heard and remind them what we really need• Make noise at your windows on May 4 at 12 noon as we did every night to thank the real heroes of this crisis.
• Put the logo of the May 4th Call as a profile picture or story
• Sign the petition (below)
• Write a letter to the President of the confederation example
• Put a homemade poster or banner on your window
• Spread this message to all your contacts and social networks